What to consume when you are having severe throat problems? When you have a sore throat, it can be challenging to consume liquids or eat due to the burning and uneasy feeling it causes. What foods and beverages are beneficial to consume when you have a sore throat or other throat problems? Read on to […]
What to consume when you are having severe throat problems?
When you have a sore throat, it can be challenging to consume liquids or eat due to the burning and uneasy feeling it causes. What foods and beverages are beneficial to consume when you have a sore throat or other throat problems? Read on to learn the appropriate foods and beverages to consume and stay away from if you have a sore throat.
Nutrient rich foods for sore throat problems?
Even though you won’t have a big appetite when you are sick, make an effort to eat as many nutritious foods as you can. The saying “feed a cold, starve a fever” is one that we’ve all heard. While there is no food that can make a sore throat go away, there are certain options that can help reduce irritation and swelling while promoting recovery.
- Soup – Chicken or any vegetable broth or soups are not only delicious but are loaded with nutrients and anti-inflammatory ingredients that help to fight infection and the common cold.
Researchers have shown that hot liquids like chicken or veggie soup promote the flow of nasal mucus while slowing down the movement of neutrophils, white blood cells that fight illness.
This can soothe and heal a sore throat. Additionally, the sodium in the soup helps your tissues retain moisture.
- Mashed Potatoes – When you are unwell, it is always a good idea to eat soft meals, and mashed potatoes are the ideal choice. When mashing, keep the skin on as it provides healthy magnesium, vitamin C, and antioxidants that support a robust immune system. Just make sure to wait until they have cooled before eating to prevent any throat irritation.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal is a healthy whole grain food to help your body get rid of toxins since it is high in fibre and contains nutrients like magnesium, zinc, and antioxidants. Oatmeal can be served warm. When you have a sore throat, you can easily swallow it thanks to its soft texture.
- Eggs – Among the many nutrients found in eggs, zinc, selenium, iron, vitamin B12, and vitamin D can help prevent and treat sore throats. Try making scrambled eggs which are easy to chew and swallow.
- Smoothies – Smoothies packed with berries, kale, celery, or other high- antioxidant, low-sugar foods assist to soothe the throat and strengthen the immune system. Increase the Vitamin C in your diet by including fruits like oranges or tangerines to accelerate your recuperation.
With all these soothing foods gargling your throat with Gargle-EZ will help to get relief from a bad sore throat. It has natural ingredients which gives instant relief from sore throat to speed up the recovery process.