Can Sinus lead to a sore throat? Home Remedy for Sinus Infection
Do sore throats result from sinus infections? It can, without a doubt. Sinus infections frequently result in post-nasal drip issues, which are characterized by an excessive amount of mucus running down the back of your throat and might result in a sore throat or cough.
Now, let us understand, what is a Sinus Infection and what are its symptoms?
Sinuses are hollow cavities that are filled with air. Sinusitis is an inflammation of the sinuses that can result in fluid build-up and blockage. It is most likely to happen to people with nasal allergies, asthma, and nasal polyps, and at times due to the abnormal nose structure .
Sinuses can be categorized based on the time and frequency:
- Acute sinusitis– normally lasts for a few weeks but less than a month. The sub-category is named Recurrent Acute Sinusitis occurs duly when someone gets four or more sinus infections in a year.
- Subacute sinusitis– these last between one to three months
- Chronic sinusitis – this lasts up to three months and more
The following factors may contribute to this kind of blockage:
- Colds \Allergies
- Grape-like growths on the lining of your nose are called nasal polyps.
- Deviated septum – The wall of cartilage and bone that separates your nose into two nostrils can be extremely crooked or off-center.
Common symptoms of sinus infections are:
- Nose inflammation
- Nasal discharge that is thick and brownish (runny nose)
- Drainage down the throat’s back (postnasal drainage)
- Having trouble breathing through your nose due to a blocked or stuffy (congested) nose
- The area around your eyes, cheeks, nose, or forehead may be painful, irritated, or swollen.
- Reduced ability to taste and smell
- Pain in the upper teeth
- Sore throat
- Bad breath
- Ear pain & cough
Many studies and research, have shown that the sinus has significantly impacted 30 million Americans alone in the year 2019-2021 which in turn has them restricted from normal activity to 73%. Learning to control sinusitis, even with over-the-counter medications, could noticeably reduce the restricted activity days vividly.
Furthermore, women have witnessed more episodes of infective Sinusitis than men for they are closer to the young ones.
Whatever could be the triggering factors for Sinus, home treatments are always the best, most reliable, and less harmful. Try, our most appreciated formulation Gargle-EZ all-natural ingredients which is now available commercially
Can a Sinus Infection be a cause of a sore throat?
Thick mucus may leak down the back of your throat in increased, more prominent amounts when you have a sinus infection. Usually, it can dissolve in saliva and pass down the back of your throat without your knowledge. However, as more mucus is created, it accumulates since your irritated sinuses can’t drain it naturally.
You could get a tickling sensation as it runs down the back of your throat, which is a sign of post nasal drip. Additionally, it might scratch your throat or give you a sore throat.
What are the treatment options? Home remedy for sinus infection
Your symptoms and the source of your illness will determine the type of medication you require. Still, we recommend a few simple solutions.
- Nasal saline spray
- Nasal irrigation – (under supervision)
- Steam inhalation
- Hydration – herbal teas, broth, plain water hot water with ginger and lemon, or for quick action use Gargle -EZ, this already has many magical potions such as honey and ginger to help keep the sinus inflammation under control.
Gargle-EZ is the best over-the-counter remedy for sore throats and the Best home remedy for sinus infection. It is a natural remedy for sore throats and coughs and contains 100% natural ingredients like Himalayan salt, Turmeric, Honey crystals, Lemon, Ginger, and Peppermint. It reduces the inflammation in the throat giving some relief to the sinus plight.
All you need to do is pour a sachet of Gargle-EZ into a cup of warm water. Take a sip and gargle. Repeat the same step until the solution is empty.